Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Facebook fanatic

Hello snazzy people,

Breaking News: This is a personal note about my day; I woke up and headed over to my school for Senior orientation. My best friend Jordann and I have every class together, (except for math). This senior year is going to be rad. (:

Today's blog I thought should be based on one of the most popular sites on the Internet, it's a site that is a step up from Myspace. Anybody remember that out of date site Myspace? Nobody goes on there anymore, all you hear is crickets.

The most popular social networking website, so popular in fact the site has over 900 million users is Facebook. Let's get one thing off the table, raise your hand if you have a Facebook addiction...
I happen to be guilty. If you are one of the few people who don't feel the impulse to check your page daily, hats off to you! To be honest I don't check my news feed daily, I check it hourly. I feel so ashamed.

So what makes this social networking site so irresistible to the users? Maybe, it's the idea that we can secretly stalk and admire other users without them even knowing, that's quite an advantage when it comes to crushing on your love interest. Or maybe it's because we have the opportunity to be nosy and know that Joe Bob is eating carrots, so next time you get together you can serve him carrots and he'll think you have so much in common.

Truth is, society is nosy. We find it captivating to know what our enemies, family, associates, classmates, and crushes are doing. Facebook gives you photos to upload, instant messaging, status updates to post, and of course the odd tool to "poke" people, (I honestly don't get that). And personal information to add, so our whole personal life is on display. Kind of unsafe and creepy, but face it we love knowing what the most popular girl in school is doing on vacation in the Bahamas.

Don't feel ashamed if this is you, and you are a Facebook junkie. Facebook is easy access to see the lives of people we are dying to know. If Facebook adds the feature of allowing users to see who is creeping on their profile, our cover is blown. However, you may be normal and actually use Facebook to connect with friends you haven't gotten a chance to see or with Family who lives across the country, all in all Facebook is useful, up to date, and popular. So next time you are on Facebook just ask yourself; who is stalking you today? Creepy, but true.

Thanks for viewing my blog everyone, hope you enjoyed reading. -Cheyenne

No comments:

Post a Comment